Monday, May 7, 2012

Finished Rainbow Birds, almost done with Hope

I am in a finishing mood. :) I bought the rainbow birds kit a few years ago, with the evenweave. Its a beautiful little kit! Heritage Stitch Craft uses unusual half stitches that work so well. You can really see them on the birds faces, and where used a lot in the grasses as well.
This is Hope, by Brooke Nolan, found in the 2011 Annual Halloween issue from Just Cross Stitch. She is really close to being finished..I really like her, she is gorgeous. Beautiful face, and eyes! She will have beads, and a ribbon embellishment (of my own, not whats called for) when complete. I didn't have any of the kreiniks called for. In some cases, I was able to sub for more or less the same color. In other cases I used a DMC match and added pearl blending filament for the sparkle. In place of the dark brown kreinik, I used a dark copper I had left over from a Chatelaine from a few years ago; it goes well with the 433 color used.
Speaking of Chatelaine, I am planning to soon buy Summer Knot Garden, as a file from European Cross Stitch and stitch it up with mostly DMC. I am going to pick out a few silks to use, where I feel I want them most. I will order the beads, and use 28ct white evenweave. Oooo and that reminds me, I bought Little Miss Paris from ABC Stitch when they had the Online Needlework Show. I CAN"T WAIT to get her!! :)))

11 comments:

dulcinella said...

Beautiful finishes! I love your stitching moods...:-) The half cross stitches in the heritage designs work indeed very well, but together with the blending they also put quite a challenge I've seen little Miss Paris on several blogs done and it is really beautiful!

Mel said...

So much great stuff!
I wish I could get into a finishing mood. LOL.

Melissa said...

Thank you both! I am rarely in the mood to finish, but I guess I was clearing spots for my two upcoming projects that I am so excited about. :) I am going to ask a friend to make Miss Paris into a purse for me.

Crafts4others said...

love the finishes!

Veronica said...

Oh, your Rainbow Birds are so sweet. The colours and everything about it is just gorgeous.

Hope is beautiful. What is she doing in a Halloween magazine? Little Miss Paris is cute :)

Hugs,
Veronica.

Unknown said...

I love Rainbow Birds, I've wanted to stitch it myself for ages and seeing yours is making my fingers itch for it again! So pretty!

McKenna C. said...

I have never seen any of those designs before! They are beautiful!

~McKenna

Jagna said...

lovely :)

Anonymous said...

Hello

Just found your blog.

Your bird design is beautiful, such lovely colours!

Hope is beautiful too.

Melissa said...

Thank you all!! It amazes me how very drab the chart pic is of Rainbow Birds, they are vivid in real life. Veronica, I am not sure why Hope is in the Halloween issue, I think I read that Brooke Nolan wanted her to be in the Valentines issue. I guess she was overruled..

pak muliadi said...

KAMI SEKELUARGA MENGUCAPKAN BANYAK TERIMA KASIH ATAS BANTUANNYA MBAH , NOMOR YANG MBAH BERIKAN/ 4D SGP& HK SAYA DAPAT (350) JUTA ALHAMDULILLAH TEMBUS, SELURUH HUTANG2 SAYA SUDAH SAYA LUNAS DAN KAMI BISAH USAHA LAGI. JIKA ANDA INGIN SEPERTI SAYA HUB MBAH_PURO _085_342_734_904_ terima kasih.الالله صلى الله عليه وسلموعليكوتهله صلى الل

KAMI SEKELUARGA MENGUCAPKAN BANYAK TERIMA KASIH ATAS BANTUANNYA MBAH , NOMOR YANG MBAH BERIKAN/ 4D SGP& HK SAYA DAPAT (350) JUTA ALHAMDULILLAH TEMBUS, SELURUH HUTANG2 SAYA SUDAH SAYA LUNAS DAN KAMI BISAH USAHA LAGI. JIKA ANDA INGIN SEPERTI SAYA HUB MBAH_PURO _085_342_734_904_ terima kasih.الالله صلى الله عليه وسلموعليكوتهله صلى الل


KAMI SEKELUARGA MENGUCAPKAN BANYAK TERIMA KASIH ATAS BANTUANNYA MBAH , NOMOR YANG MBAH BERIKAN/ 4D SGP& HK SAYA DAPAT (350) JUTA ALHAMDULILLAH TEMBUS, SELURUH HUTANG2 SAYA SUDAH SAYA LUNAS DAN KAMI BISAH USAHA LAGI. JIKA ANDA INGIN SEPERTI SAYA HUB MBAH_PURO _085_342_734_904_ terima kasih.الالله صلى الله عليه وسلموعليكوتهله صلى الل